Wednesday 21 January 2015

Two cards using Painted Petals by Stampin' Up! with a Photopolymer Stamp Top Tip!

Hello!
I'm sooo late as I've been out all day!! I met my friend Laura in Salisbury today, went to birthday tea for my friends daughter this afternoon and then work tonight so this is the first chance I have had to blog today and tomorrows not looking much better ;-) 
Anyway, I do have a couple of pretty cards to share with you today using Painted Petals. This was a popular card at class this week. Well, except the bows, they weren't so popular, I must admit! But the ladies did a stellar job and it never hurts to practice your bow tying skills right?
OK, this first version was the one my ladies made in class. I used a Pear Pizzazz, Soft Sky and Marina Mist colour combo for this card...
 Gorgeous Marina Mist chevron ribbon - which is just perfect for bow tying!! 
The flowers were stamped using Soft Sky matching the base card.
 This sentiment is from the FREE Sale-a-Bration set "Big Day", we stamped this in Marina Mist ink to match the layer under the white card front.
 and a side view of this card.
 Now, this is actually the card I made as my first sample for this class card. This was of course before I realised I didn't have enough Wisteria Wonder A4 card and possibly not enough ribbon either! Hence, the blue version above was the one we made!
I left it out for the ladies to see though ;-)
 The Wisteria Wonder chevron ribbon bow ;-)
 This sentiment is included in the Painted Petals stamp set. I love it.
Here I punched it out using the Decorative Label punch after stamping in Perfect Plum.
My Top Tip: Sometimes with photopolymer stamps it's tricky to get a crisp image as I found with this sentiment. All they need is a little "give", which on wood or clear mount stamps is the foam mount. All I do is pop my Piercing Mat under my grid paper and voilĂ ! Perfect images every time. You could use a mouse mat too or even try a magazine underneath.
 And a side view of this lilac version to finish today.
Well, I hope you enjoyed today's (nearly tomorrows actually in the UK!) post?
Thanks as ever for visiting today,
I'll be back soon with more!
Stampin' Hugs,
Products Used to create this project:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-You for any comments you may leave, I appreciate the time it takes to do so and I love to read them all :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...