Thursday 23 October 2014

Stampin' Up! Convention in Brussels 2104 Part 1

Good morning!
Oh, I have sooooo many photos it's hard to know which ones to show you without it being boring for you... so I'm going to just go for it! But, with as many photos as I have do you know that I didn't take any at the Eurostar or that many of people either, they are mostly views! Doh!
I do have a couple of pics of the lovely gift Sharon gave us on the trip on said Eurostar though, it was a gorgeous box and inside was a cute mini coffee cup filled with Hershey kisses. Yum!
Thanks again Sharon x
OK, next is the hotel room where we stayed at the Hotel Du Grand Sablon. It was a fabulous hotel, really central, comfy bed, great views. I can highly recommend this for a stay in Brussels! 
Jules and I shared again this year but we actually had our own beds this time! Just right next to each other, good job we're friends ;-)
This was the view from our bedroom window. The weather was fabulous while we were there too so that was a big bonus! This was the first evening and it was a bit cloudy but still warm. The days after this were hot and sunny :-)
This was the view as we walked towards the convention centre. Stunning.
Next to the convention centre was a fabulous garden square

and the convention centre, so cleverly designed into the hill side. It looks small but it really wasn't!
We registered and collected out bags and stamps on the Thursday night, unfortunately I didn't qualify for the Silver 2 recetion this year but we had a fantastic evening wondering round Brussels bumping into lots of SU! demos and good friends too ;-) A nice, blurry sefie for you here ;-)
Now, being in Belgium you would expect to find chocolate, and plenty of it too. Which was certainly the case with gorgeous chocolate shops everywhere and there was but one thing I never thought I'd find was chocolate covered olives! Nope, I think I'll pass on that one, thanks anyway ;-)
Look at these bowls of meringues! If I had thought I could get one home in one piece I would have tried! They were much bigger IRL than they look here, trust me :-)
So, on Friday morning we got up all ready for a very early 8am start until we were half way through breakfast and realised that it was 8.30 start Friday (8am on Saturday!) Thanks Sharon ;-) ha ha ha! Breakfast was stunning though, this was just the bread selection!
In the convention centre we got to see lots of demonstrations and talks by lots of senior SU! people including the always beautiful Shelli

always packed with great tips and ideas
The ever funny and engaging Pam Morgan. Love her glitter sharing!!
Here she is showing us the "must have" Many Merry Boxes kit, mines on its way!! 
 and then we get to see the projects close up and personal afterwards too
 and finally for todays post a few pictures of the fabulous Donna Grififth
 Donna's projects included using the fabulous Curvy Keepsakes die! 
Everyone's favourite in this Autumn/Winter catalogue
 and some watercolouring and embossing on the big screen and then on a board for a closer look, love this design! I think it will be in a class here very soon!

 


So, if you are still awake, thanks so much for looking today :-)
I'll be back with more convention highlights tomorrow and if you think you would like to join the SU! family (and the fun!) then remember the FREE DSP offer ends tomorrow. 
I am also offering my All Attendee Giveaway prize of Four Feathers stamps and matching framelits to the next person who joins SU! with me too! See my Facebook page too.
Back soon!!
Stampin' Hugs,

1 comment:

  1. Looks and sounds fabulous Sarah Jane. Hope I can go next year. x
    PS Don't know if you remembered saying you had lots of envelopes if I got stuck - just to say ones I ordered arrived so panic over! Anne

    ReplyDelete

Thank-You for any comments you may leave, I appreciate the time it takes to do so and I love to read them all :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...