Saturday 30 November 2013

Hearts a Flutter Card #2 for SU! Convention '13 in Manchester

Hi there,
I'm back today with my second card I submitted to SU! for their boards in Manchester for convention. I went with a similar theme for both with a Crisp Cantaloupe, Smoky Slate and a touch of Coastal Cabana again.
I used the Hearts a Flutter stamp set across the centre of the card to start then die cut the "Love" sentiment using the Expressions Thinlit die (with a piece of baking paper between the die and card for easy removability (is that a real word? lol!)). I then cut small slits either side of the word and threaded Smoky Slate Chevron ribbon through to tie a beautiful bow...
 I then die cut about 5 more of the sentiments from Coastal Cabana card adding them in layers (to adhere; dab the back of each one with a glue pen on scrap paper then build up layers)  finishing with the stamped image at the top..
 and here they are both together.
and here is a pic of my team the Southern Belles (those that could make it) last Friday evening after the awards ceremony which was very inspiring!
OK, that's all from me for today, we are off to Winchester for the Christmas Market in a bit so hopefully we'll be feelin' festive later! Plus, it's nearly decorations time! Whoop!!
Stampin' Hugs from me for today,

5 comments:

  1. These are really gorgeous Sarah-Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this and thought it was gorgeous, I voted it my favourite card of the whole weekend and pictured it on my website!! I found out it was yours, fabulous design xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this card but I'm a bit confused, did you cut the love thinlit die out of the card face? It didn't look like you did but the stamp edges match so perfectly.

      Delete
  3. I love this card but I'm a bit confused, did you cut the love thinlit die out of the card face? It didn't look like you did but the stamp edges match so perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susan, thanks for visiting :-)
      To answer your question yes, I first cut the love out from the front panel of the card after I had stamped it, put it to one side then die cut and adhere the coloured layers, then add the original piece to the top.
      Hope that helps clear things up for you
      Hugs xx

      Delete

Thank-You for any comments you may leave, I appreciate the time it takes to do so and I love to read them all :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...