Friday 9 July 2010

The big 40!

Hello there!
I have scheduled this post, but I couldn't post it 'till 12 o'clock as the birthday girl might see it!
As you have seen from the title today my good friend Nicola has a very special birthday today hopefully as you read this we should be out at the pub lunch, I will take some piccies as I will be decorating the table for her too as well as another card with a ticket gift in, more details tomorrow.
So onto the card and as it is a really big day I wanted to make a very special card. Now, I could have gone one of two ways, either really complicated or the way I went which was (I hope) simple and stylish.
I used the gorgeous Bride papers with Basic Black card to layer, I also used the most divine striped 1+1/4" grosgrain wide ribbon, so soft and luscious,


the "40" is from my stash,



And here is the inside, I used the Happy Birthday from the (retired) Happy Moments set and framed it with an oval holder from the Hodgepodge Hardware tin.
I hope you like this as well as the birthday girl :-)
Back tomorrow with all the goss on the big day!
Stampin' Hugs


4 comments:

  1. Beautiful card SJ she will LOVE this...great added bling and BEAUTIFUL ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the clean and simple style...the card looks so great!

    Greetings from germany

    Ilona

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh WOW - I'm a big fan of simple stylish cards & this is just gorgeous - that ribbon is fabulous & what can I say about the pink bling? Spot on honey :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifull 40th card, so lush I'm sure she'll love it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-You for any comments you may leave, I appreciate the time it takes to do so and I love to read them all :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...