Wednesday 24 March 2010

What a weekend!

Hello folks,
***WARNING! veeery long post, grab a cuppa!***
Well, I have had so much fun this last weekend! Saturday I went up to Reading to meet up with my fellow demos *waves* we had a great day catching up, learning tips and sharing, it was, as always hugely inspiring. If you would like to be a part of this wonderful family then please get in touch for a chat, email in side bar.
So, the first thing we all do when we meet up is swap! I love it, fresh new ideas with stamps you have and great samples with stamps you have on your wish list ;0)
For my swaps I used lots of products from the fabby new mini catalogue, these products will be available from 1st April {{can't wait}}

Stamp used here is from a set called Fox and Friends-so sweet, I inked the stamp with some of the great new shimmer paint **YAY** and I punched him out with the full heart punch --only available 'till the end of MARCH otherwise you'll have to wait 'till October! {and don't forget my special prize draw for March too! see top post} and finally some yummy new DSP called Sweet Pea- something in that for everyone, other items used were word window punch, 1+3/4" circle punch, paper piercer & mat and a Basic Phrases stamp for the sentiment.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now, the next thing I am about to show you was my entry for something called Demos Choice, it is a competition where we as demos make something, it can be cards, 3d items etc. and all the demos vote for their favourite. Sadly I didn't win...
I decided to make a set of 4 cards using my new stamp set (which I earned for free as a demo, ask me how) called True Friend, I wanted to used the Soft Subtles colour family and make them all slightly different, so I inked the stamp using my markers and changed each of the backgrounds too :0) There is another sneak peek in these too, can you spot it???
and here they are as a set,
[the sneak is the great new dot dot background stamp]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Finally from me today here are a few piccies of the lovely ladies who I spent most of the day with as we were sat together on the same table ***Hello Ladies xxx***

Phew, well thanks for staying with me, I hope you liked my peek into the wonderful world of being a demo?
Please do come back tomorrow for a special card for a special lady,
Bye for now, hugs Sarah-Jane xxx

2 comments:

  1. Sj These are fantastic thanks for sharing!!!! Great and fun pics too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a fab time. Your swap card is fab and I love the colours of your demo set.
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete

Thank-You for any comments you may leave, I appreciate the time it takes to do so and I love to read them all :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...