Monday 8 June 2009

Sweet and Gorjuss

Morning ladies!
I hope you all had a great weekend, we didn't do much this weekend as Josh was pretty knackered after his week away, he really enjoyed himself though and came home with no broken bones ;0) .
And then, on Sunday my train card won Fave Five on Stamp with us !! whoop whoop!! That sure put a smile on my face let me tell you!! especially as I wasn't sure about it at first, unfortunately it didn't kick start the ol' mojo as I managed to start a couple of cards this weekend but only managed to finish one!
This is a card for my cousin who is 12 this week, the same age as Josh! and it is going all the way to New York :0) (note for nicki: contacts!! LOL!!)

I used the sketch from this weeks Just Magnolia blog, obviously I am not going to enter it ;0), I just thought it was such a nice layout, but as I don't have many Magnolia stamps I decided to use one of my slightly neglected Gorjuss Girls. Below are a couple of close ups of the buttons I put onto this card, really trying to use some of my stash instead of looking at it and saving it, he he!



I have used this lovely paper which is by DCWV from their "Sweet" pad as I thought it was cool enough for a (nearly) teenager and cute enough for a girly card IYKWIM!!! I layered it with Certainly Celery card and inked the edges in the same ink, which turned out to be a perfect match, yay! Girl coloured with pro-markers, thanks for the tips Sarah, how did I do ?

Lastly, here is the inside with another of those sweet Melon quarters,

Thanks everyone for your comments I really enjoy reading them,

Hope you have a lovely day,

Hugs Sarah-Jane xx

7 comments:

  1. This is just perfect Sarah-Jane! I love the papers and the layout is brilliant. Simply Gorjuss! ~♥~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really gorgeous card & I love those papers & little melons - fab!! Your colouring is brill too

    Jan xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card Sarah-Jane,l love the image and colours.
    So gorgeous papers.

    Hugs Riet.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh Sara-Jane, I think this has to be one of my favourite of yours. I love the papers, the colouring, the layout and the brads are the scrummiest x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww this is sooo wonderful, love love that paper and your cute flower embellies...what an great and adorable image!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done on the Fave Five. This card is gorgeous, I love the colours.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-You for any comments you may leave, I appreciate the time it takes to do so and I love to read them all :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...